Sunday, January 13, 2008

Merry Maids

Do you think they are truly merry? Jason and I have spent the whole day trying to clean the house. It's not fun. At all. Markedly less fun since I felt like the whole place was spotless last weekend.

I always thought that I would be an awesome housewife since I enjoy domestic things, but I love them less now since I have no choice. I would much rather pay someone to merrily whistle while they wipe the baseboards. So the whole awesome housewife thing is out the window - and I am totally ok with that.

I started my new job on Monday - it is awesome!! Everyone is SO nice, and they communicate with each other, and everyone enjoys really good food. It's going to be awesome, I can feel it. I also learned how to ship packages. That was fun, as I have not had much hands on time in a warehouse before. I was dirty, and most likely burned some calories.

Musically speaking, this year I am going to play writers nights. It has been a long time since I have just played the ole acoutic on an eve with some other peeps doing the same. It has also been a long time since I have completed a song that I feel is worthly of being titled. Related? We shall see. We shall see. Jason and I had a good time with our friends, the Manns (or Men, as we call them), last night. Mandy is an awesome singer/songwriter, and it seems that whenever I am feeling down about the whole music thing, she is there to remind me that I have no cause. She was like, "you know, I just realized at some point, that being a musician is part of who I am. I may not be doing it as a career, but I will always do it. I will always pick up my guitar and just start playing because I like it, and singing because I like it. It is part of who I am." I loved that.

That being said, I am off to try to make this whole housemaid thing a little merrier. Be well!!

emily

No comments: